Friday, May 11, 2018

It's all about you...Love, life, and priorities.

Yesterday I started a blog about another person who reached out to me after being diagnosed with RA. But I didn't finish it. I prayed last night as I do every night for God to use me where he needs me. So, as I prayed, forgiving those who don't get this disease, praying to be able to guide those who reach out to me that do, I realized 2 things.

1. Since being diagnosed with this disease, my life has taken a total different direction than I had planned. In spite of this illness, I have been blessed with meeting a ton of people all across this country who have one goal in mind....A CURE. I have been fortunate to travel some and see things I might never see. I've eaten foods I might never eat or try. I've laughed, cried, been scared out of my mind. But 3 things have remained constant, my faith, my husband and children, and my desire to make a difference in this life.

2. The second thing I have learned is that people are very judgemental. This disease brings home the realization that my time in this world is really limited. My priorities have changed so much since this disease diagnosis. But that really hit home in my last trip for my ambassadorship meeting.

So much information from reliable sources was presented. Some of it I already knew, alot of it was shocking and scary. But, the most important thing I learned is, I have changed. Now, sadly I also realized after coming home, that there are  people  in our extended family who do not realize that. Not only that, honesty seems to be something others can't give.

I am certain that others have also dealt with or are dealing with this very issue. I belong to a support group online, and some of the posts relate to the topic of family who have no idea what this illness is, the toll it takes on our minds, bodies, and spirits, and then there are the family members who are like the ostrich putting their heads in the sand hoping you will just stay away.

I was told that someone whom I was truly hoping to see, was worried the visit would focus on drama and unhappy things. But you see, I know my time is limited, I know I have but these brief moments in time to love, live, and learn. So, that time passed and sadly a great opportunity to visit was lost, and will probably not be an option again. It's a loss that hurt, but I have to keep moving forward.

It's difficult for people to understand that I am a different person now. It's very sad, because time passes and those moments to live, love, and learn are closing quickly. I have other people, places, and things to focus on. So, as I move forward in this crazy rollercoaster of life I've been given, I will continue to work diligently to spread the word about Rhuematoid Arthritis, I will realign my priorities as needed, and I will keep hoping for a cure.

To those who read this blog...I leave you with this advice, Love those who are present daily, realize that actions do speak louder than words, and most importantly...Love yourself enough to say it's okay to be different and move on from those things that do not make you happy. This life is way too short. They are missing out on something really special...YOU.

Much love to all of you. To those who choose to ignore or love you on your own terms....You're missing out on some awesome people and their stories.
😍😘❤❤❤❤

2 comments:

  1. ❤️❤️❤️It is so Important to live life to the
    Fullest! Tomorrow is never guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all evolve, thank goodness. with three of these things, I faced the people are different feeling many years ago. I can honestly say it gets better. but we all live with different understandings.

    ReplyDelete