Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Mother's Day when you have RA

I think that mother's day has finally ended this year for me...most mom's have 1 day devoted to them. I have 3,4, sometimes 5 days depending on weather,  RA flares, insomnia, the list goes on. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a "normal" mother's day, Birthday, holiday....well any day. This year was no different. 3 daughters trying to outdo the other making me cry....every year...every holiday. They are a bit competitive and creative when it comes to mom days...lol So on Sunday, I was treated to brunch by my husband, a beautiful poem and heart fingerprints from daughter number 1 and granddaughter, a Facebook post by daughter number 2, and a beautiful poem to music by daughter number 3. Well, they all made me cry...each one air fist pumping their accomplishment..thinking they topped the other. Then lunch, cards, and a beautiful necklace yesterday from daughter number 2 and grandson number 2, brought tears to my eyes. Today, daughter number 3 gets a package in the mail...and hands me a small box.
A little background here...4 years ago, daughter number 3 had just turned 15. She wrote me a poem about spoons. (I'll attempt to add the picture at the end of this post) She attached a teaspoon from my kitchen drawer to the poem. I put it in the bottom of my grandfather clock (another surprise for a birthday and you guessed it...I cried..lol)
In the box today is a spoon..."You are Awesome". She asks if I kept her poem ( silly girl, I've kept everything my children have ever given me...even rocks..lol) I hand the small paper to her, and she replaces the spoon.  I read the poem she wrote me again...no tears, but a thankfulness and realization of how truly blessed I am to be a mom...Their mom. All 3 of my children and my husband get this disease. Trust me it has not always been hearts and rainbows...it has taken lots of talking, charts, diagrams, tears, and fears to reach where we are today. We still struggle with this at times, because this wretched disease takes its own twist and turns. We have all changed. But one thing hasn't, my love and devotion to my husband and children. They have all become advocates for RA/RD. And that folks is the best gift I could ever be given...tears or not!!!
Wishing you pain free days and love beyond measure. "YOU ARE AWESOME"
XOXOXO Lori ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
#PachicknwhispeRA #ReDefiningRA #Motherhood #family

1 comment: